In order to add members to your Cobot space, you will need to set up at least one membership plan. A membership plan describes the fee charged to your members and how often they can use your space for that fee.
When coworkers sign up, they will be presented with a list of the available plans on your Cobot Signup Page. Your member can choose the one that best fits their needs from this list. To add a plan, click on Setup » Plans.
After clicking the Add Plan button, you will be taken to the Basic Settings section of your new plan. This is the first tab of a range of settings which will allow you to customize it fully. Within the Basic Settings tab, you will be asked to provide your new membership plan with a name, a price per billing period (monthly, quarterly, etc.) and more.
Important things to note:
- You can enter your spaces Terms & Conditions which new coworkers will then have to accept upon sign up. You can add custom Terms & Conditions for each plan within the Basic Settings, or add general Terms & Conditions for all members under Setup » Basic » Terms & Conditions
- When you check the box hidden plan, the plan will not be publicly visible. Instead, there will be a link on the plan page that you can send to people so they can sign up to that particular plan.
- Make sure you use generic names for your plans, such as 'Full-Time Membership' or 'Day Pass Plan' as these names will be visible to the public as well as on search engines.
- You can choose whether or not members signing up to this plan will need to have their memberships confirmed by an administrator by adjusting the setting labeled 'New members have to be approved.' Once activated, your member will not have access to their member portal until after you have confirmed them.
Billing And Cancellation Period
Currently, all plans supported by Cobot work with a rolling start/end time, depending on the increment you select as your billing period (monthly, quarterly, etc.). For example, if your billing period is set to one month and a coworker signs up for your space on March 18th, they will pay the monthly fee entitling them to work at your space until April 17th. The membership will automatically be renewed on a monthly basis until they cancel.
If you enter a cancellation period, coworkers will only be able to cancel their membership in the time frame you specify. For example, when someone signs up on May 16th and chooses a plan with a 14-day cancellation period, they have to cancel by June 2nd to leave your space on June 16th. After that, the next possible cancellation date would be July 2nd.
In addition to the Basic Settings, there are four more tabs at the top of the page: Time Passes, Extras, Messages, Bookings and Signup Chare. Click on each to find more settings for your plan.
This section allows you to create plans for members who don't want to work full-time or would like to only pay for time spent in your space (such as drop-ins or non-members). These are further explained in Time Passes.
Extras are items or services your coworkers can book in addition to their plan, ex. A key to the space, mail service or a locker. When you add an extra here, a checkbox will appear on the coworker's sign-up form, allowing them to choose any number of extras. Extras are billed along with the fee for the membership plan and will appear on the invoice as a separate line item.
This section allows you to create Booking Credits and Booking Passes.
If you are using the booking calendar and charging members for bookings in your resources, this section allows you to include a certain number of hours of usage for free - i.e. Booking Credits with a membership plan.
For example, a full-time member might get 10 hours of meeting room usage for free. After the 10 hours are used up, you can choose to offer a discounted rate for members with this plan or leave the price/h blank to have the regular fees apply (as populated within the Resources Settings).
You can also add a monetary amount that members can apply to one, or multiple resources.
These expire/refill to that amount at the conclusion of each monthly billing cycle.
Prepaid Booking Passes allow you to pre-sell 'passes' of non-expiring credits usable on your bookable Resources. Check out this guide to read more on how these work.
This section will allow you to add three different kinds of messages; a Welcome Message, a Welcome Message for unconfirmed members and a Signup Message.
- The Welcome Message will be displayed to new members within their member portal after they sign up. This is a good place to say hello to your member and give them some instruction on how to use your space or contact details. This will remain at the top of the page every time they log in to their member portal.
- The Welcome Message for unconfirmed members will be displayed to new members within their member portal after they sign up and only if you have 'New members have to be approved' activated within their plan settings. This will remain until you have clicked 'confirm' on their membership.
- The Signup Message will appear at the bottom of that specific Plans Description box on the signup form. This is a good place to add additional information to your members to explain the next steps in the signup process.
This is where you can add a one time fee such as a deposit, signup charge or admin fee. This will only be applied to the members very first invoice when they are first registered. It will not apply if the member is changing their plan.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can always change a plan at a later time by going to Setup » Plans and clicking on 'edit'. Any changes made to the master plan in this way will only affect NEW members signing up. Members already on that plan will not have the changes automatically applied.
If you would like to make it so changes to a master plan is applied to existing members, then you will need to do a bulk plan change.